Following up recent rule changes, a new in-game mechanic has been introduced. In case you were not familiar, you now have to announce a weapon when initiating from a vehicle. With this change we have enabled a RP way of announcing a weapon.
- You can no longer use your weapons wheel to select a weapon inside a vehicle before "Unholstering" the weapon
- New F2 inventory function for weapons that can be used inside vehicles
- You can no longer shoot for a long period of time as the driver, other passengers however, can still shoot for a longer time from inside a vehicle
- Hidden ease of life feature related to the new feature, find out in-game!
How to use the new vehicle weapon system
1. When inside a vehicle press F2 and drag the weapon you want to use into the "USE" slot in the middle of the HUD
2. Select your weapon and shoot while you can!
RP NOTIFICATION The notification can be displayed in three colors; green, orange and red.
If the text is GREEN then anyone who's in close, visible range of you or your vehicle will see that you unholstered a weapon.
If the text is ORANGE it means you have unholstered your weapon in a fast manner and the person who can see the notification is now aware that you have done something inside the vehicle.
If the text is RED it means that NOBODY OUTSIDE THE VEHICLE can see that you unholstered your weapon in-RP, the notification will still show to avoid false reports.
What if the window/s are broken? If the windows of your vehicle are broken or down, no matter if your message is marked RED, it can still be seen by the person right next to your vehicle! E.g; police officer on a traffic stop standing right next to your window can see you reach if your window is damaged or non existing.