TheAlphaFlyer

Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

I have no microphone. Can I still join the server and RP?

No, you cannot. The server rules state that you MUST have a working microphone in order to role-play on the server.

How do I become a member/get whitelisted?

You can apply to become a member of the ADRP community in the Discord and on the server by applying here: https://americandreamrp.com/index.php?/application/form/1-whitelist-application/

It is recommended that you have spent some time reading through the rules and be familiar with how to role-play. After submitting the application, please allow for 24-72h for processing.

How can I become a police officer and/or a paramedic?

Both these jobs are considered "Whitelisted Jobs". You may apply for them via the website. After submitting the application/s, please allow for 24-72h for processing.

SADPS Application: https://americandreamrp.com/index.php?/application/form/2-police-department-application/

SAFD Application: https://americandreamrp.com/index.php?/application/form/3-san-andreas-fire-department-application/

Where do I get a job? 

The job centre, the 'I' on the map near the mechanic shop on Alta St. 

How do I do my job? 

Here's a job guide that is constantly being updated that you can refer to: 

I crashed/lost my car/had my car destroyed and it isn't in my garage, how do I get it back?

Go to the impound. There is more than one, use the menu right of you map to find it. You have to pay $3000 when requested to in order to get it back

HELP! Each time I hit play on the character selection screen, I am stuck with an infinite loading circle.

Make sure the date is keyed in correctly: MM/DD/YYYY

How do I get a gun?

Go to the Ammu-Nation store marked on your map. Enter it and buy a gun license. It will then unlock a list from you to select from. However, there are other ways...

What are the speed limits?

Anywhere within the city, it is 45mph, 55mph in the counties and 75mph on the highways.

What's the use of being whitelisted on the server?

It makes you eligible to join a gang and certain whitelisted jobs. When the server is whitelisted for a short period of time after a server crash/restart, and/or during periods of extremely high traffic/demand, you will then still be able to join.

What are the jobs available on the server?

Public Jobs (Anyone can use):

• Fisherman
  • Hunter
  • Lumberjack
  • Miner
  • Meat Processor
  • Tanker
  • Taxi Driver
  • Fashion Designer
  • Ocean Salvage

Whitelisted Jobs:

• SADPS (police)
  • SAFD(ems/fire)
  • SecuroServ
  • Car Dealer
  • PaX Air
  • Lawyers/Judges (Bar-License Certification required through a test)
  • Mechanics (O' Connor's Towing)
  • Reporter/News Agency (eg. Weasel News)
  • USCG

What are some important keybinds I should know?

F6 brings up your phone

K brings up your interaction menu

F3 brings up the list of players on the server and shows ID's above heads of players nearby

U locks/unlocks your personal vehicle

G while beside a vehicle gives you access to the trunk of the vehicle

T opens up chat windows

/report in the chat opens up a report window to contact an administrator/moderator

F5 puts on/takes off your character's mask

B makes your character start/stop pointing

/die makes your character die instantly

X puts your character's hands up

` Changes your voice range. (For American Keyboards, it's the Tilde Key)

How can I check the rent of each and every property available for rent?

Here are the prices on the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10PkvOjXifsrAsHhwW_e1QQfcRXG2WQ9woiAAzllgH_g/edit?usp=sharing

I bought a gun recently but after I re-logged, it is gone!?

Re-log again, but this time, sit at the character selection screen for at least 30 seconds before pressing play.

What's the best public job available?

Fisherman. On a full run, it can net you 25 grand. Be sure to keep it in your bank as soon as possible or you might get robbed!

Can I fly a helicopter/plane anywhere/anytime I want?

No, you cannot. You must be FAA certified by paying for the lessons provided by PaX that cost $100,000 for scheduled lessons and $150,000 for unscheduled ones. If you're already certified, make sure you're

in the voice channel "ATC" whilst you are flying or you WILL get shot down

Do I have to re-log to change my character?

Yes.

My textures are not loading, what do I do?

Go under GTA Settings and set your "Textures" to "Normal"

How do I clear my cache if I am told/need to?

Find you FiveM folder, open the" FiveM Application Data" folder and remove the "cache" folder and the file "cache.xml"

Can I watch an ADRP stream while RP'ing?

No. Not if you're on the server.

What happens if I cannot join? It gives me a "Connection failed after 3 attempts" and I've tried many times.

Restart your computer

I have a Character API error while trying to load into my character

Keep trying, it should work after a few tries

Help! I lost my guns after I logged in

You are loading into too quickly. Relog, but this time, wait at the character loading screen for at least 30 seconds before hitting ply on your character.

THIS TOPIC WILL BE UPDATED CONSTANTLY PLEASE CHECK #rules IN DISCORD FOR THE RULES OF THE SERVER

Edited by TheAlphaFlyer

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.