The Beginning.

Leon was never the reckless type. In High School, he kept to himself mostly, up until the 11th grade. Reality was setting in. His days as an adolescent was nearing an end. Graduation was a few years away. He had to buckle down and think on which direction he'd be going. His love for card games, and fantasy wouldn't net him much of a future. He knew he had some hard thinking ahead of him. One night a friend Dawn calls him up.

Dawn: "Hey Leon, what are you doing?" 

Leon: "Nada, just listening to music and thinking. Work, College, you know."

Dawn: "Yea, for sure. Hey, listen. A neighbor of mine is having a party. You wanna be my plus one?"

Leon: Well that sounds like fun... Who's the neighbor? someone I know?

Dawn: "Uh huh, You know Karla from school? 

Leon: "Oh, um, yeah. People... that I actually see. *sighs*

Dawn: "c'mon it will be fun."

Leon: "fine..."

This single innocent invitation was the one event that would change the course of his life. He was welcomed into the party. People he never thought he'd ever even speak to all greeted him. Joked with him, Laughed with him... More and more people showed up. This wasn't just any old birthday party. This was a house party. A house party that would later lead to underground parties, clubs, barbecues and raves. He got closer to this group of people unknowingly leaving  his nerdy habits behind. Cards and games were replaced with booze, drugs, cars and loud music. He was invited too a meeting, this meeting was getting together between several crews discussing a Collab event they were planning. There was going to be big money poured into this. Warehouse location, Keggers, Lighting, Generators. They even had a system in place to create false information for the feds in order to confuse them and direct them out of the area. Leon listening quietly to the others speak. So and so is taking care of the location. Bald guy with the glasses was taking care of the Kegger runs. Everything was ironing out. Then he heard something that caused his eyes to open. They hadn't taken care of advertising. NERDY STUFF!

Leon having a computer at a young age had the pleasure of messing with tools like Photobomb and After-inject. He quickly chimed in. "I know you all don't know me much. But I have some knowledge in computers and programs that might be of use to you. Give me the name and theme of your event and a few days to get you a sample ready for printing." They agreed as it might be worthwhile to have someone with the skill under their wing. He went home and immediately went to work. Composing a draft, searching the internet for stocks, cropping, inverting, opacity, rendering. In a little longer than a day he had finished. Tired but done. He didn't rush out to turn it in. He was barely capable of keeping his eyes open and he had a dripline of coffee to avoid sleeping. He sits back in his chair to review his work before his eyes sealed shut.... for two hours.

Later that day... 

They loved it! And most importantly this began his new adventure in life. You see, what Leon didn't know was these crews paid good money for good work. I turn in a thumb drive with a quality flyer on it and I was awarded $1000. This was huge at 16. What started off as party flyers turned into fraudulent insurance documents when the local police began requiring insurance for all drivers. Insurance turned into Identification. Identification turning into passports. Soon, if there was something NEEDED, I was trying to make a bootleg version as authentic as possible. Of course this meant that I'd have to invest in other equipment. My old beat up pc wasn't going to cut it. My mothers old printer that she got at Walplex for 20 bucks wasn't going to cut it. My life of simple pen and paper and chicken picking on keyboard would later become 3d printers and laser cutters.

Two decades later

Leon's operation was successful. He found a girlfriend he later wed. He found a small town closer to the desert. Little population, 10,000 people or so. He leased a small warehouse under a different identity. Ran his business through there. A small rundown building. Cinder block construction, no windows. Front and back doors. Life was moving along fine until the feds caught up. While investigating another forgery operation they came across a company that he would periodically get some supplies from when his main stock or supplier had depleted. Those couple of purchases lead to his business and soon the vans drones and low flying private planes would arrive. He remembers one day walking into his office and the lights were on. This was odd as the lights were on a timer. The was a small lobby just before you walk into the back rooms easily visible from the front door. He walked slowly into the back room where he worked. He mostly worked alone, any he would involve was always outsourced so his office never came into the mix. Things were different, something was wrong. The smell was off. The old stale smell of emptiness smelled like coffee and cheap cologne. No was was in there but someone WAS there. He walks around looking closely for any signs of disruption. His 3D printers still working.  His documents didn't appear to be touched. He shrugs it off as maybe just a failing sensor. He turns to grab a chair. Dragging it across the concrete floor with an annoying screeching sound to follow, he places it under the sensor so He can look at it maybe see if it can be replaced easily. He notices some marks along the side of it as if it had been recently pried open. He opens it up exposing a camera. Rapidly he jumps off the chair, reaches into his pocket pulling out his cell phone. He turns on the camera just before turning out the lights. There were infrared dots throughout the room. He collected what he could and left never to return. 

Now... he relocated to Los Santos.

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 3

Life hasn't been a breeze for Leon. He walked away with nothing, He couldn't stop by the bank before his departure as if he was under investigation certainly they would be watching his bank activity. This meant he had no place to live. He had what he left with. 2500 dollars, He had to think hard on his next goals. He was homeless in a huge city after all. He needed shelter and a place that would hire him without much information required. As he walked aimlessly in an industrial area of town he found himself on Shambles where he located some abandoned containers. Leon walked inside of one. "A little dusty but with a little love and a lot of elbow grease... and maybe a broom I'm sure I can make due." The loose dirt from the dirt lot outside was caked on the inside of the container. Random graffiti smeared the inside walls. Some in spray can, some in permanent marker. Leon found it funny how you could tell which we veteran taggers and which were... not so much. The footprints in the dirt showed a print of those similar to Nike Cortez and Converse Chuck Taylors. "This was definitely visited by a local gang. Why on earth would ANYONE wear Nike Cortez anymore unless they were gang affiliated" He walked around the lot picking up broken pieces of pallets and wooden spools. Night was coming and he needed to start a fire to keep warm. He looked up at the sky "Great... looks like rain is coming in too, I hope there are no leaks" There was...    

The following day he found a map of the city and located the Department of Motor Vehicles. The test were gruesome at first but ultimately he surpassed that obstacle. Finally getting enough answers correct to get his license. He found a job with a big box company known as Post Op. There he delivered packages for customers too busy with life to go out in public to help the city's boasting economy. Life in the city must be really rough if you felt the need to order online. Or maybe it was just convenience. Either way it wasn't his business to know or judge people by the amount of package they received. As long as someone was paying his wages he didn't care. During one of his deliveries he spots a car wrecked into the center divider on the Los Santos Freeway. He gazed closely as he drove past it. He had just drove in the opposite direction and the vehicle wasn't there so this had JUST happened. As he passes the vehicle he spots him. The vehicles driver has flown out of the vehicle and lay there motionless on the floor. Leon reverses his truck and blocks the lane before turning on his hazards. He began assisting. He leans into the man tilting his head to his mouth to see if he was breathing. He was! faintly but it was there. He begins asking the gentlemen questions "What's your name bud? Do you know where you are? C'mon man, give me something." As he's sitting there waiting for a response he hears a vehicle pulling up. His body tightens as he is still in the middle of the highway and who knows if this driver is even aware enough to notice a big brown truck blocking the flow of traffic. Could this be his time too?

As he jumps to his feet and leans back peaking around the truck he sees a pleasant sight. The flash of blue and red lights. Not so pleasant was the annoying screech of the sirens. You know, the one that sounds like a dying goose clearing it's throat. The vehicle pulls over and a spiky hairs guy opens the door.  My first thought was surprise to see a city officer so far out of the city but whatever. I was trying to help a person in need and now I had access to more help through this officer. I explained the situation briefly and the officer and I were off to the hospital. The gentlemen in the backseat clinging on to dear life. Unsure of his injuries, we rushed. As the trees begin to blur we speed down the highway. My concern for the fella in the back briefly forgotten due to the distraction of the vehicles interior. My only question... "When did the police begin using Subaru?" The officer chuckles but never answered the question. We talked for a few minutes as the ride didn't seem long. Peeking over at his speedometer we were close to 200 at one point. Told the officer I had just landed and was working on saving up for a car of my own. He felt generous or I made a good impression because that officer rewarded me for my help. I had 15, 000 to deposit. That will never be forgotten.   

After several days of working for Post Op he received his first paycheck. He peels back the sticky strip that seals his envelope. He hated those. Maybe the few times he has given himself a paper cut trying to open one. Maybe the memory of the foul taste it leaves in your mouth when you lick it before you seal it. Only god knows how many he has licked in his life running a side hustle of his own. The good life, the better life. Tearing the last few centimeters he begins to pull out his check. Unfolding it carefully to make sure he doesn't damage the check in anyway causing the bank to refuse it. His eyes open in disbelief..."What is this?" He thought to himself. "A few days worth of work and I barely broke enough to supply my thirst and hunger for the next week?" Standing alone in the parking lot at Post Op frustrated. He turns to the building looking at the camera. He shakes his head as he lowers his gaze to the ground. Thinking momentarily. "This is not going to do, How does anyone live off this?"  Raising his chin back to the camera, He folds his measly paycheck into his back pocket. He smirks before raising both his hands flipping the camera the bird. "Thanks for the fucking peanuts!" He yells out loud.

He opened the door to a car he had rented. The door squeaked slightly as he opened the door. You could tell this car has had quite a bit of abuse. From the squeaky door to the dent on the fender. They way it swerves to the right because the alignment was so bad. The previous renters probably run into a few curbs themselves and never reported it. And of course the rental company could careless to fix it. Let alone probably didn't even bother to inspect it as the stains on the back seat were  clearly within view and hadn't even attempted to be cleaned. The musty smell of stale smoke, no little pine tree would ever get out. This was a party car and worse... it was a Prius... yuck!

Leon makes his way back down The Great Ocean highway into the city. "Lets see if the DMV has other job listings." Pulling up, the line of people waiting to be seen was typical. He approaches the counter accessing the kiosk. "Truck driver huh? That's got to be good. Dock workers get good pay, so driver should too right?"  He accepts the job and walks upstairs to the licensing department to begin his commercial drivers training. He ended up finding a place near the docks. It was an independent company. No real staff, just a locker to change into your work uniform and a computer showing you available loads. They even had a kiosk where you can rent a rig and fulfil your shipments. interesting jobs. But the most common was driving to Sandy Shores with a tanker full of fuel in tow. Seemed easy enough, would be a breeze if they didn't require me to drive down the smallest of streets to get to Ron's. It was next to a convenient store that usually had traffic through it. So that was always fun, the thought of someone being there and pulling out without seeing me and BOOM. But that wasn't the worst part. No, not in the slightest. The locals here do not give two shits about you or what you are hauling. The must not like city folks because anytime I was there they would not let me deliver without being in the way, Ram my rig, Not bother to move so I could reverse into the station. The lack a little upstairs I think. Inbreeding or drugs or something but they were not nice. A few times they even pulled me out of my rig to assault me. Well they found out I can throw hands. 

All in all the job was fine. I manages to buy my first car. A 93 Honda Prelude. Even had it painted Black with a purple metal flake. "Yeah... this would look good on my dirt lot" he thought sarcastically. Life was looking better. Now at least he had a car to sleep in. The nights weren't so cold. Still rained like hell but at least the sunroof wasn't leaky like the container was. Washing the car was a must. The rain would turn that dirt to mud in minutes and sometimes getting out of there was tough. It was not a four wheel and worse it was a front wheel. No power to get out of a wet paper bag let alone a mud pit. Even with his new ride he wanted more. He still needed to find a home. And even though his job paid well, he wanted something more meaningful. He decided to apply to the Los Santos Highway Patrol. To his surprise, he was accepted. 

A few days have gone by and things couldn't get any worse. He has a brief meet with his direct supervisor. First Sergeant Skuba was his name. We went over the handbook and where to locate them. He showed me the chain of command, We went over dress code and HP etiquette. And even did some behind the wheel. I got to test the sirens! WEE WOO! Sadly, he had some important business to attend to and had to fly out. My next training I was paired up with an officer from the city. Strong guy, I don't mean like buff but like headstrong, very firm in his tone. He meant business. His name was Darth if memory serves me correct. We went over setting up the scanners and more technical things. He even let me drive a bit. We drove from east Los Santos to Rockford Station where we met up with an Officer Hamilton.

This is where EVERYTHING went wrong. Poor guy, He must've thought the worst of me. He passed out. Because of me, because my driving. Once when we were joining a car chase and I'm mashing. He's yelling stop... With good reason. I plowed into the chasing officer. We switch cars and he didn't say anything. But a person like me. The worst possible outcome to pop into my head is what I think this guy is thinking. We head out to the county where we join another chase. This time I'm going to do good. I'm in control of this unscratched, nicely polish Crown Vic. Chase heads up towards the prison, I get the bright idea to cut through a small patch of dirt to get onto the merging street. Nope, NOT IN CONTROL! We plowed right into a pole and wouldn't you know it. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt. He's now on the ground, I'm scared I'm going to prison for vehicular manslaughter. I'm freaking out in my head. And a flat black car pulls up. Guys with blue masks quickly get out " I hear a man in an Asian accent of some sort say something about taking him to a hospital. "Wait... what? no?" Before I could even get a word in. The officer was flung over  one of the men's shoulders and they were off. This is bad. Masked men just took my training officer. I get back into the Crown Vic and wow. They actually took him to the hospital. He is better now I hear, haven't spoken to him since then. 

My next day of training was better in someway. I was paired with Sheriff Deputy. We rode around for a bit where we got a call of a gun fight outside of newly owned Tequi la la. Medics were overwhelmed and we assisted in bringing the injured to Pillbox. I was in charge of keeping a young woman in my sight while she recuperated. She seemed nice. Kind of quiet but looking at the situation and trauma she had just went through I could understand why. She told me about how tired she was and how she fell asleep in someone's car. Woman was so tiny she fit in the trunk. Her parents were lucky she recovered well. I know all she wanted was to get back to them. Glad she and her friends were ok.

Tomorrow is a new day, hopefully a better one.

(Wall of Text Crit! I hope you found the read interesting and humorous but time for bed.)

((Sorry if I used someone's name and they wish not to be. I can edit if needed, just let me know)) 

• Like 3

That's fucking solid. Well done ! Forgot to mention the city 48 times tho! GG my man loved the read.

Edited by Chachi
Chubbs said so
  • Haha 1

Profile Gifts

Should of used the verbiage of IN THE CITY. Seems to get the best results 🤡

Profile Gifts

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.